Listen to this post
5 Tips To Get Back On Track After Thanksgiving
- Drink More Water: Chances are, after Thanksgiving you are going to be dehydrated. There are a few reasons for that: flying, have less access to fresh water, drink more alcohol, and eating more food than drinking liquods. And that’s why it’s super important that when you get back you drink LOTS of water.My rule of thumb is at least half my body weight in ounces of water per day. I know I’m fully hydrated when I’m peeing every hour. Yes it sounds like a lot and can be challenging to drink that much, but it’s going to help you feel amazing and will help get your digestion back on track AND flush out toxins.
- Eat More Greens: If you already eat greens, take it to another level. I’m talking leafy greens at every single meal for at least 2 – 3 days. The reason? There are tons, but here are a few reasons why:
- Flooding your body with essential nutrients
- Alkalizing your blood to reduce inflammation
- Fiber-rich to support to aid in digestion and elimination
- Packed with detoxifying vitamins & minerals
- High in plant-based protein
- Consume Blue Green Algae: Typically I take algae every single day www.energybits.com, but when I need to get back on track, I definitely consume more. My two favorites are chlorella and spirulina and I find they’re actually super easy to incorporate into my routine. I take them in the morning and in the evneing before I go to sleep, or I’ll just throw them into my protein shake. Blue-green algae is one of the most potent superfoods on the planet due to its incredibly high concentrations of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and protein. It can be used as a detoxifier but is also amazing for reducing inflammation, promoting new cell growth and increasing energy. USE HEALTHYANDFIT AT CHECK OUT TO RECEIVE 20% OFF YOUR ORDER
- Work It Out: Moving your body is medicine. Sweating is an important part of detoxing and it really will help you get back on track. Don’t think of going to the gym as punishment for what you ate while you were away. Think of it as a tool to help you feel good and get back to “normal” as quickly as possible.
- Skip The Alcoholic Beverages: Take 2 weeks off to detox your body and reboot your mind!
The time is now!
Your Health & Fitness Coach,
IF YOU HAVEN’T LISTENED TO MY LATEST PODCAST YOU CAN —–LISTEN HERE-—