Start Your Year Off Healthy & Fit With Dean Boris Lushniak
Rear Admiral retired (RADM Ret) Boris D. Lushniak, MD, MPH, has been dean of the University of Maryland School of Public Health since January 2017. He served as professor and chair of the Department of Preventive Medicine and Biostatistics and Professor of Dermatology, F. Edward Hébert School of Medicine at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS) in Bethesda, Maryland before joining UMD.
Dr. Lushniak was the U.S. Deputy Surgeon General from November 2010 to September 2015, assisting the Surgeon General in articulating the best available scientific information to the public to improve personal health and the health of the nation.
Dr. Lushniak served as Acting Surgeon General from July 2013 to December 2014 and was responsible for the release of the 50th Anniversary Surgeon General’s Report on Smoking and Health and the first-ever Surgeon General’s Call to Action to Prevent Skin Cancer.
In this episode we discuss:
– How being healthy & fit is like loving yourself.
– What you need to do daily to be healthy & fit.
– The importance of changing the way you think about health and fitness to make it a priority in your life.
– The importance of policy and laws are important to change the way health and fitness can change nationwide.
– His experiences as Acting Surgeon General and working as one of the top officials in our government to change the culture of health.