Listen to this post
Make Someone’s Day / 5 To Thrive Fridays
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest accomplishment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
– Leo Buscaglia
We all have times in our lives when our days go from busy, too full, to “I cannot manage one…more…thing.” It’s in these times where the seemingly small acts of others can make a huge difference. Uplifting a mood can make someone’s day, and therefore, make his or her workload seem a bit more manageable. That, in itself, is good medicine. And anything that makes this life a little better for all of us is a good thing.
You can make someone’s day and make the world a better place with these 5 simple tips:
- Give someone sincere appreciation for how they show it in your life. For example, “I appreciate all of my client’s for their choice to work with me and receive my coaching.”
- Smile or say hello to a stranger with no expectation of receiving a smile or hello back.
- Compliment someone in your life like a wife, husband, child, boyfriend, girlfriend or friend on a particular piece of clothing or hairstyle they have.
- Give a larger tip than usual for a meal, coffee or Uber ride. My recommendation is to make it at least equal to the cost of the good. For example, if your Uber ride was $20 give a $20 dollar tip.
- Let someone who you work with know that you appreciate them and/or their work ethic.
They are so many ways to make someone’s day. So think outside the box and come from your heart. Remember you are only a smile away from making someone’s day!
Your health and fitness coach,
Check out my latest and other podcasts: “The Science of Feeling Good With Bill Quateman”