Celebrate The Differences
“The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate” Oprah Winfrey
One of the most important components to achieving success on health and fitness journey is to celebrate the differences. Celebrating allows you to recognize and appreciate your efforts. However, so too many people do not do this. Celebrating your wins, your victories, and successes regardless of how small they are is not commonplace, unless maybe you played a sport.
Could you imagine watching a professional basketball game and not seeing the players celebrating after a free throw, a 3 pointer or a blocked shot? No way! Even at the level of a Lebron James or Anthony Hardaway, you see these players celebrate with their teammates. It keeps them motivated, engaged, and enthusiastic to continue to perform.
Here are my 5 to thrive reasons when to celebrate your health and fitness victories:
- You made it to the gym today for the 3rd day in a row. YES! That’s commitment and you deserve to feel good about that.
- The scale is down, even if it’s 1lb. Yes, 1 lb is TOTALLY worth celebrating.
- Today you ate as planned and stuck to your eating strategy.
- You finished your workout plan and did not abbreviate any of it.
- Held a plank for 1 min, did 20 pushups, did 20 crunches in a row or balanced on 1 foot for 1 min are some examples of reasons to celebrate.
These are just some examples when and should celebrate. But only you can truly measure your success from day to day. Make celebrating a daily habit and you’ll find more joy, inspiration, and motivation to keep achieving more.
Congrats on reading this blog post!!
Your Health & Fitness Coach,