Listen to this post
5 Tips To Transformation / 5 To Thrive Fridays
- Start with your WHY. Knowing your why gives you a deeper purpose, intention, and goal. Ask yourself, “Why do I want to create a transformation or why is this goal important to me?” Then go deeper. Ask yourself, “Why is this important to me?” Ideally, you want to peel away what I call the ‘layers of the onion’ to get to the root or core of your purpose. It might take some time, but if you are open and vulnerable, you’ll know your true why.
- Write down your WHY. To know your why is only half the battle. A goal is not a goal unless it is written down. Otherwise, it’s just a dream. Write it on a piece of paper. Don’t type it, writing has more of visceral connection to your nervous system that will start to rewire your brain for success.
- Say your WHY out loud. 10x in the morning and 10x in the evening is another way to begin to own the ‘why’ so you can begin to find the how to get there. It’s not easy saying it out loud, but with practice, it will come naturally.
- Use a Mirror. Not for admiring yourself, but to look in the mirror and the person who you want to become and say out loud your ‘why’ to the person in the mirror. Pretend it’s your best friend and you are excited to tell them your ‘why’. You’ll start to convince yourself and become more comfortable with who you will and are becoming.
- Tell a close friend. Telling a friend is a way to have someone in your corner who can pick you up when you’re falling or fell. And this person should be someone who will cheer and celebrate with you along the journey. It’s important to choose the right person, so be selective and think it through.
These tips are exactly how I start creating a transformational opportunity with all my clients, including Robin and Kaylah who you saw and/or heard in my previous blog and podcast. It is a MUST that you create this foundation for the journey. It’s going to be bumpy and rough. Creating this foundation is essential.
Wishing you a tremendous experience and journey!
Your health & fitness coach,