Tips For Better Running
Simple strategies you can use to break up those long miles when training.
- Buy the right running sneaker for your foot for better running. Running sneakers are like tires on your car in that they all have a different purpose or fit a certain dimension of a foot. Go to a local running store that specializes in fitting you with the right foot based on your foots anatomy, width, strike, arch, etc. You’ll be able to notice a positive difference immediately when you have the right sneaker on your feet. https://frontrunnersla.wpengine.com/
- Mix up your runs for better running. Mixing up your runs can be running your normal course backward. It can be running several different routes. Whichever you choose, change it up to stay motivated and stimulated.
- Recruit a friend for accountability. Running alone can be boring and you can easily skip it if you’re not feeling up to it. When you have a running partner you have accountability and your runs will be more stimulating. Challenge each other, encourage each other and find ways to keep each other staying consistent.
- Start slow to avoid burn out or injury. Too often I’ve worked with people who have all the motivation to go running, but they start out with lofty goals or too aggressive. Tone it down. Start with a walk, then a jog or both until you get to a point when you’re able to comfortably feel good while running. Running shouldn’t hurt or feel stressed.
- Smile while you run to enjoy the moment and share the good vibes with others running. This is my secret, that I’ve been using for over 6 years. I used this technique when I ran the LA Marathon in 2017 and 1/2 marathon in 2015. It relaxes your body. And it helps you to stay in the moment. Running can be meditative when you can stay in the moment feeling your body moving through time and space.
Yours in health & fitness,