Listen to this post
In an ideal world, every meal you eat would be made at home from organic vegetables, fruits, and/or high-quality meats found at your local farmer’s market weekly. However, that’s just not realistic. You have a job, a family and a life. Sometimes convenient food is the only way to go. Here are my Top 5 Must-Have Healthy & Fit Snacks you should have on hand wherever you go. You can find these and other snacks that have natural ingredients in your local health food store. And if that’s not available in your community, then there are great online markets like www.thrivemarket.com
Healthy & Fit Diet
- Higher protein intake –Consume meat, seafood, and other animal products that are hormone free, organic, and free range.
- Reduce carbohydrate intake– non-starchy fresh fruits and vegetables represent the main carbohydrate source.
- Higher fiber intake – Dietary fiber is essential for good health, and despite what we’re told, whole grains aren’t the place to find it.
- Moderate to higher fat intake –Have fats dominated by monounsaturated and polyunsaturated. Balance with Omega-3 and Omega-6 fats. It is not the total amount of fat in your diet that raises your blood cholesterol levels or increases your risk for heart disease, cancer, and type 2 diabetes, but rather the type of fat.
- Higher potassium– Unprocessed, fresh foods naturally contain 5 to 10 times more potassium than sodium.
5 Must-Have Healthy & Fit Snacks
- Bulletproof Bars
- Kind Bars 2.0
- Go Raw Pumpkin Seed Bar
- Amy’s Paleo Beef Jerky
- Maranatha Almond Butter
Being healthy and fit is a lifestyle. You have to plan, think ahead, make it a priority to have snacks like the ones above wherever you go. If you are with friends or family, bring extra for them too.
Enjoy the goodness of these snacks that will help you change your health & fitness permanently from the inside out.
Your health & fitness coach,