Listen to this post
Tips To Join A Health & Fitness Community / 5 To Thrive Fridays
Joining a health & fitness community can be a daunting task, but with these 5 To Thrive Friday Tips you’ll feel confident, encouraged, and excited to find the right fit for your needs and wants.
- Location, Location, Location – my business professor Dr. Nicols, from the U of Maryland said, “To have business success, you have to find the best location.” This is also true when finding the right health & fitness community. It has to be convenient, especially in a city like LA, NYC or any other major city.
- Positive Reviews – There are so many ways to find out if a health & fitness community has a positive vibe. Searching the internet and finding services like Yelp, Angie’s List or testimonials on the website of the community.
- Know Your Goals – If you don’t know your goals, then you won’t hit your target. How can you know which health & fitness community is good for you if you don’t know your goals? If you want to be a better swimmer, you’re not going to join a running club. Get the picture?!
- Join With A Friend – Two is better than one. Joining a health & fitness community seems less daunting when you join with a friend. Find a friend you can rely on and someone who has a high standard for their own health & fitness. “Birds of a feather, flock together.”
- Fun – Having fun is the bottom line for longevity or success in health & fitness. Try out as many health & fitness communities as possible to find the right fit for you. Often times, they’ll offer free 1 week memberships or a free trial. Take advantage of these offerings to make sure you’ll have fun in that community.
Now you’re equipped with the best tips to find the best health & fitness community. No excuses and have fun in the process!
Your health & fitness coach,