Listen to this post
On Monday I wrote a well-received article on the effects of drinking water on weight loss and overall health. For many to drink more water is not an easy task. So I’m giving you my top five ways to add more water into your day here.
Tips To Drink More Water
- Bring a water bottle with you wherever you go. Whether it’s to the office, on a road trip to run errands, or in your purse when you’re shopping. Having a bottle of water with you is the most effective way to be prepared to drink more water. My wife and I keep at least 2 bottles hidden in my car for “emergencies”. I recommend using a stainless steel bottle like Swell to prevent carcinogens to enter the water from extreme heat.
- Drink at least 16oz of room temperature water upon waking. During your sleep, you can lose up to 8 ounces of water in 8 hours that is absorbed into your mattress. Also drinking water first thing in the morning helps to get your metabolism working to be efficient for the rest of the day.
- Set a timer on your iPhone or iWatch. Using a timer helps to remind you when life always seems to get away from you. I recommend setting an alarm or reminder 1x every hour to drink 1 8oz cup.
- Invest in buying a filter on your sink. There are so many different types of filters today for your home sink including inexpensive ones like Brita or Pur and expensive ones like Life Source. Whichever you choose you’ll be more likely to use it when its there.
- Order only water when you’re out to eat. There are several options that this is a good idea. But the one I want to drive home in this final tip is that you’ll be able to get closer to drinking 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water daily.
Your Health and Fitness Coach,
By the way, have you listened to my latest podcast this week: “Time For Tea” with Zen Tea Trader Anthony Capobianco? This episode is BLOWING UP! More listens in 2 days than any other podcast to date. LISTEN HERE