Listen to this post
Am I having a midlife crisis?
Have you ever seen someone go out and buy a brand new Porsche or go get botox injections when they were in their mid 40’s or 50’s? Chances are you have, and chances are you said, “That person must be having a midlife crisis.”
Anyone can have one. They can be short. They can last a few weeks, month or years. Some people might never grow out of one. You see a midlife crisis is a transition of identity and self-confidence that occurs in middle-aged individuals, both men, and woman who are typically between the ages of 35–65 years old. It is a phenomenon described as a psychological crisis brought about by events that highlight:
- Age insecurity
- The recognition of mortality
- One’s possible shortcomings of accomplishments in their life
- Maybe someone has never committed to a long term relationship
- Or maybe they never had kids
Usually, feelings of depression, remorse, and anxiety are common. The individual struck by a so-called midlife crisis may desire to achieve their youthfulness or make drastic changes to their current lifestyle.
So am I having a midlife crisis? And if not, then what am I experiencing?
In this episode I do my best to be as open and vulnerable as possible to the ongoing questions in my head that keep me up at night, add some stress to my life and is causing me some emotional anguish.
- Depression brought on because I feel I am not professionally challenged or working up to my potential.
- Questioning everything in my life, and wondering when or what will bring about the change that I am longing for.
- I discuss these topics and more random thoughts of my current state of mind and emotions.
Visit www.stevejordan.com to be added to my mailing list to be notified of future episodes and updates.